Ride-sharing firm Uber announced the commencement of its largest “Greenlight Center” in Bangalore, India, intended to dole out as a single-stop solution for needs of driver partners. The 15,000 sq. ft. facility is committed to driver partners in Bangalore for superior customer support and service, as mentioned by the firm in its release. It mentioned that from new driver sign ups to providing subsidized services for present driver partners, the Greenlight center would function as a single-stop solution for all their necessities.
Christian Freese, General Manager at Uber South India, said, “With the Greenlight Centre, we’re providing in-person support to above 4,000 driver-partners every week. We are enduring to spend in our in-person sites and have introduced 3 other facilities at the Yeshwantpur, HBR, and Devanahalli.”
The new provision is particularly developed to fulfill the requirements of drivers, with aspects such as:
- Space for a squad of Uber Experts, the one who will assist new drivers in signing up and confront any queries of the existing partners
- Devoted training locations for driver partners to be taught about the application, offer soft skills coaching to offer a better travel experience and also emphasize the significance of road safety
- UberBazaar provides driver partners numerous advantages on financial planning, new vehicles, health benefits, vehicle maintenance, and much more services
Also, numerous partnerships & initiatives are introduced by Uber regionally & nationally to make the driver experience hassle free, safer, & easier. Uber knows that taking note of its driver partners is among the most vital means to persistently improve the driver experience on the application. The latest initiatives comprise:
- The foremost ride-sharing insurance scheme in the country in association with ICICI Lombard General Insurance. Driver partners are offered free coverage for hospitalization, disablement and accidental death, and outpatient medical treatment if an accident happens while he is online on the application.
- Now the Driver “Share Trip” option enables drivers to share the ride details with loved ones, without involving the rider privacy or revealing personal data or detailed pickup or drop off spots. It provides drivers a mean to let their family or friends know, not only their location but also when to anticipate them home.
- Associations with OEMs such as TATA, Hyundai, Toyota, and Maruti for special offers on new cars.
- Partnership with start-ups such as Clinikk, Pit Stop, Fixmygadget, Cover Fox, and Cab Dost for healthcare services, for subsidized car services, for mobile phone services, for car insurance, and for tax advisory, respectively.