On New Year, the Air India chief had declared that they will be taking all measures and strategizing to be in competition and provide more hospitality and features to the customers. Now they fulfill the same with the introduction of free baggage up to 25 Kg.
This offer is applicable on all domestic flights of Air India. Most of the passengers will be able to avail this offer, as this is applicable only for the economy class. The airlines extends its offer by providing this leverage to both adult and infants; while for adults the free check in luggage is 25 Kg, for infants it is 10 Kg.
The baggage allowance for business class or first class passengers stands at 40 Kg for Air India. At present on business class bookings a baggage allowance of 35 Kg is permitted for each flyer.
This offer is also applicable for Alliance Air flights, which are connected to the Air India flights; that is, if a passenger is flying with Alliance Air and has a connecting flight with Air India, they can carry 25 Kg of free check in baggage; the only condition in this case is that the passenger should hold a single ticket. An exclusive Alliance Air passenger gets only 15 Kg of free baggage and there is no change to this at present.
So, some facts to keep in mind about this offer are:
- These offers are available only on Air India domestic flights.
- The offer is applicable on Air India international flights if the passengers have a connecting domestic Air India flight.
- Passengers with wheelchairs or crutches are allowed for more additional baggage.
- After 25 Kg, a passenger can carry more 7 Kg, that is a total of 32 Kg; but the extra 7 Kg will be chargeable.
- Besides 10 Kg of free luggage, an infant is eligible for 1 collapsible stroller/carry cot or infant car seat.